Ingredients - Serves 6
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 5 tbsp Half and Half
- 2 Cloves Garlic (pressed)
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 5 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
Flying through the cosmos looking for trouble can make any fleet commander a tad peckish. How about whipping up a batch of Cheddar Starchips? They're like a cross between Cheez-Its and Red Lobster's cheddar bay biscuits. Easy to make and take with you on your next adventure.
Directions - Prep: 15mins, Cook:15mins, Ready:30mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cheddar cheese, softened butter, half and half and pressed garlic. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended.
- In separate bowl combine dry ingredients; Flour, Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the cheddar cheese mixture and beat until well combined.
- Remove about 1/3 of the dough and roll out, on a well floured surface, to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with star shaped cookie cutter and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to turn brown. Allow to cool on wire racks before serving.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. We recommend serving with a side of sour cream or ranch dip.