Dragon’s Breath Horseradish Havarti Dip
Ingredients - Serves 6-8
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 5 oz Havarti Cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Horseradish
- 1 small Jalapeño (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chives (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup fresh Spinach (chopped)
- 6 oz can Crabmeat (drained)
- 1 Bag Pita Chips or Crackers
Dave loves his horseradish. He loves it on his bloody marys, his sandwiches and in his dip. I just don't love it on his breath afterwards. I jokingly tell my husband that he has dragon's breath after eating it. So I felt it only fitting that I call this dip Dragon's Breath in honor of its healthy dose of horseradish. But have no fear, even though it has a little bite, this dip is creamy enough that you shouldn't be shunned. Well, at least not too much.
Directions - Prep: 15mins, Cook:25mins, Ready:40mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, yogurt, shredded Havarti, mayonnaise, and horseradish. Beat on low with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Chop jalapeño, red bell pepper, chives, and spinach and lightly fold into cheese mixture.
- Drain crabmeat and fold into mixture.
- Transfer to a 1 quart shallow backing dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Serve warm with your favorite pita chip, cracker, or sourdough bread.