Goat Cheese Stuffed Fireballs
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 12 Pappadew Peppers (cored and seeds removed)
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 5 oz Goat Cheese
- 2 tsp Chives
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
Two of my favorite things are peppers and cheese and goat cheese is a creamy and tangy cheese that goes so well with peppers. For this recipe, I chose peppadew peppers for their moderate but sweet heat. However, if pappadew peppers are hard to find in your area, you can also use cherry peppers, small sweet peppers, or jalapeños as suitable substitutions.
Directions - Prep: 15-20mins, Cook:10mins, Ready:30mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place cream cheese, goat cheese and 1 tsp of chives in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften and then mix thoroughly. Place mixture on a zip-lock bag.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet. Take the zip-lock of the cheese mixture and cut a small corner from the bag. Pipe the cheese mixture into the peppers and sprinkle with remaining chives.
- Bake 10-12 mins at 375 degrees F.
- While peppers bake, place the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar into a small pot. Cook over med-high heat for 2-3 mins, stirring frequently. The glaze should thicken slightly but take care to avoid burning it.
- Plate the peppers and spoon drizzle them with balsamic glaze prior to serving.