Raspberry Filled Ninjabread Men
Ingredients - Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp Unsulphured Molasses
- 3 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 can Raspberry Pie Filling
- Icing and Candies for decoration
On the last page of the rules, you'll see a variant on how to play the game with real gingerbread men. We thought that this would be fun way to bring an added element to the game. After all, what's cooler than ripping off cookie limbs and having them ooze raspberry goodness? Before gathering your ingredients you'll need a suitable cookie cutter. For ours we used ninjabread men but feel free to experiment. Why not Voodoo? If you are looking for an easier (and sweeter) version of this cookie, feel free to replace the gingerbread cookie part with a pre-made sugar cookie dough.
Directions - Prep: 40mins, Cook:20mins, Ready:60mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking powder).
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and blend slowly with your mixer. Add in the molasses and water to the dough and knead together with your hands until the dough is well combined and kneaded into a ball.
- Dust your counter-top and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough until it is 1/8 inch thick. Cut 6 cookies from the dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. -- >
- With the leftover dough, roll it flat again to 1/8 inch and cut 6 rectangles big enough to completely cover each cookie.
- Fill your “piping bag” (you can use a professional one or make one from a ziplock bag with the corner cut off) with the raspberry pie filling and pipe the filling into the center of the gingerbread men leaving about ¼ inch on the edges free. (note- You may need to puree the pie filling to make it less chunky so that it is easier to pipe.)
- Using your finger, wet the edges of the gingerbread man and place the rectangle of dough over the filled cookie. Gently press down the dough around the edges of the filling with your finger.
- Then lining up the cookie cutter with the edges of the dough, press down on the cutter and remove the extra dough with a butter knife. Repeat this to finish all 6 gingerbread men.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Decorate you gingerbread men to look like awesome minions of destruction.
- Hmm.. All this extra space.. What to do.. What to do..
- Look at all the cool pictures...
- I bet that guy is a professional photographer..
- That or a narcissus..
- Either way, those are some pretty informative photos..
- I wonder if people are even still reading this..